The Company desires and has been mandated by the Supervisory Board of Directors to undertake Developmental Projects dubbed “Augson Investment Program (AuSIP)” in partnership with the Government of Ghana (GoG) in selected Priority Projects:
- Agricultural Mechanization, Irrigation & Agro-Processing;
- Agricultural Roads Resurfacing and Development;
- Affordable Students Housing (Hostels);
- Affordable Social Housing;
- Recreational and Industrial facilities;
- Slums Upgrading and Re-development;
- Reconstruction & Rehabilitation of Collapsing School, and
- Rural Water Expansion and Extension.
The prime objective for AuSIP is to engage in worthwhile investments through the provision of targeted assistance to the low-and middle-income earners, and the poor/deprived communities in Ghana in partnership with Community Based Organizations, MMDAs, Civil Society Organizations and Development Partners using a gender sensitive, flexible, participatory, demand driven, using climate principle and sustainable processes in the under-listed areas:
- Social and Economic Infrastructure and Services.
- Poverty Reduction through provision of Agricultural services
- Micro Financing Initiatives
- Capacity Building and Institutional Development
and more particularly described in the Program Document, and which program will require financing in the amount of USD 1 billion.
The Company intends to supply and provide the said project by sourcing and providing the needed financial facility for the execution and implementation of the project while seeking the participation and partnership of the Government of Ghana and needed stakeholders.
It shall be the Executing and Implementing Agency for the Project under the Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) and also under Supplier’s Credit system.
It has entrusted its subsidiary companies with the function of Project Implementing Agencies to have overall responsibility for operating, managing and maintaining the project throughout the BOT period.